Visitors can enjoy all that Gallivare has to offer including the ski areas, mountain views, and hockey games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and university setting.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Gallivare
- The closest major airport is in Gallivare (GEV), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kiruna (KRN), 48.3 mi (77.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gallivare
The city is notable for landmarks like Fjällnäs Castle, Lappkyrkan Church, and Aitik Mine. The city's natural beauty is on display at Muddus National Park, Stora Sjofallet National Park, and Mount Dundret. You'll also find Gällivare-Malmbergets Golfklubb and LKAB Gruv/Mining Museum in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Gallivare. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Scandic Gallivare - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Gällivare Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Quality Hotel Lapland - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Gallivare
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Gällivare Station, Gallivare Fjallasen Station, or Gallivare Kaitum Station. Gallivare might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Gallivare
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 14°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 43°F as the daytime average and -1°F as the nighttime average
- Gallivare gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 62°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°F