Visitors can enjoy all that Gams has to offer including its mountain views. There are 186 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 20 mi (32.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 32.2 mi (51.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gams
A favorite place to visit in the city is Swiss Alps. In the area, you'll also find Wildhaus-Gampluet Cable Car and Toggenburg Sound East Trailhead.
As you plan your vacation to Gams, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 54 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Four Points By Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn is located 19.3 mi (31 km) from the heart of Gams. This 4-star hotel in Dornbirn features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel one66 is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from central Gams. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in St. Gallen can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Garni Bären is 8.2 mi (13.1 km) from the center of Gams. This 3-star hotel in Feldkirch features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Gams
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Gams gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 32°F