Travelers to Gemmingen will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 30.4 mi (48.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Stuttgart (STR), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gemmingen
Places to visit in the larger region include Gueglingen Roman Museum, Auto and Technik Museum Sinsheim, and Sinsheim Badewelt. Additionally, you'll find Rhein-Neckar Arena and Sinsheim Golf Club in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Gemmingen, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 28 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel Villa Toskana is located 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of Gemmingen. This 4-star hotel in Leimen features a winery, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg-Walldorf is 18.6 mi (30 km) from the center of Gemmingen. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Walldorf can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Natur-Resort Tripsdrill is 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from central Gemmingen. This 2-star campground in Cleebronn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Getting Around Gemmingen
Metro stations nearby include Gemmingen West S-Bahn and Gemmingen S-Bahn. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Gemmingen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Gemmingen gets about 27.36 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F