Visitors can enjoy all that Goettingen has to offer including the cathedral, monuments, and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and theaters.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Goettingen
- The closest major airport is in Kassel (KSF-Calden), 25 mi (40.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Goettingen
Notable city landmarks like Ganseliesel and St John's Church might be worth a visit. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Georg-August University of Goettingen is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Hainberg Observatorium to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Goettingen. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Parkhotel Ropeter - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- AS Hotel Göttingen - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Romantik Hotel Gebhards - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Innenstadt can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Goettingen
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Göttingen Station. Goettingen may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Goettingen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Goettingen each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F