Visitors can enjoy all that Goroka has to offer including the gardens and riverfront. The culturally-rich and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Goroka
- The closest major airport is in Goroka (GKA), 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Goroka
The city's cultural venues include Raun Raun Theatre and J.K. McCarthy Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Mount Gahavisuka Provincial Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Goroka, you can select from these places to stay within 5 miles of the central area.
- Pacific Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of Goroka. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Goroka can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Bird of Paradise Hotel & Apartments is located in central Goroka. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Goroka can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to the airport.
- Hotel Phoenix is located 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Goroka can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
Dressing for Goroka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Goroka gets about 46.73 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and November with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 71°F