Visitors can enjoy all that Gortynia has to offer including the forests, coffeehouses, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Gortynia
- The closest major airport is in Kalamata (KLX-Kalamata Intl.), 42.8 mi (69 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gortynia
The city is notable for landmarks like Temple of Panagia, St Tryphon Church, and St Pantes Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Open Air Water-Power Museum and Loussios Gorge.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Gortynia. Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- En Dimitsani Guest House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and walkable location.
Dressing for Gortynia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Gortynia is 37.05 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F