Visitors can enjoy all that Gran has to offer including the parks and museums. In Gran, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Oslo (OSL-Gardermoen), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gran
A couple of favorite places to visit are Hadeland Folk Museum and Gran Park. In the area, you'll also find Hadeland Glassworks and Kistefos-Museet.
As you plan your trip to Gran, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 21 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Granavolden Gjæstgiveri is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from central Gran. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Gran features ski slopes, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- 5 Bedroom Accommodation in Jaren is 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the center of Gran. This 3-star hotel in Jessheim features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Thon Hotel Gardermoen is located 28.3 mi (45.5 km) from the heart of Gran. This 4-star hotel in Gardermoen features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour health club. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Gran
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Gran Bleiken Station, Gran Jaren Station, or Gran Station. Gran might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gran
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 44°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Gran gets about 29.33 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F