Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Grindavik, which is also known for its northern lights and coffeehouses. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its local tours and waterfront. A top sight in the city is Blue Lagoon.
- You'll find 357 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reykjavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 25.8 mi (41.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grindavik
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the northern lights and such places to visit as Blue Lagoon and UNESCO Global Geopark. You'll also find Gunnuhver Thermal Springs and Reykjanesviti in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Grindavik. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Harbour View - With a stay at this 3.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Northern Light Inn - Our customers like the bar and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Geo Hotel Grindavik - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Grindavik
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 54°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 55°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 46°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Grindavik gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 54°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 29°F