Travelers to Howard will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Hervey Bay, QLD (HVB), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Bundaberg, QLD (BDB), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Howard
Places to visit in the larger region include Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary, Hill of Promise Estate Winery, and Hervey Bay Golf and Country Club. Additionally, you'll find Burrum Coast National Park and Snakes Downunder Reptile Park in the area.
As you plan your trip to Howard, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 73 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- The Beach Motel Hervey Bay is 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from central Howard. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Torquay can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ingenia Holidays Hervey Bay is located 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the heart of Howard. Guests who stay at this 3-star cabin in Torquay can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Discovery Parks Fraser Street, Hervey Bay is 19.7 mi (31.6 km) from the center of Howard. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star campground in Torquay can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Getting Around Howard
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Howard Station. Howard might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Howard
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 65°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 58°F at night
- About 1.38 inches of rain falls on Howard each year
- Hottest months are usually December and February with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 50°F