Visitors can enjoy all that Ise has to offer including the forests, aquarium, and sightseeing tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, riverfront, and temples.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Ise
- The closest major airport is in Nagoya (NGO-Chubu Centrair Intl.), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nagoya (NKM-Komaki), 53.6 mi (86.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ise
Cultural venues in the city include Jingu Chokokan Museum, Ozaki Gakudo Memorial House, and Ito Shoha Museum. Attractions like Iseshima Jindai Onsen, Ise Jingu Shrine, and Meoto Iwa are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Komyoji Temple, Yamatohime-no-miya Shrine, and Matsuo Kanonji Temple.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Ise. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oishiya - With a stay at this 3-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- HINODERYOKAN - Our customers like the location at this ryokan. With a stay at this 3-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Sanco Inn Iseshi Ekimae - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a business center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and room size.
Getting Around Ise
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Ise station or Futaminoura station. Ise may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ise
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 1.54 inches of rain falls on Ise each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F