Visitors to Itajai are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, wineries, and forests. Top sights in the city include Laranjeiras Beach, Beto Carrero World, and Bombinhas Beach.
- There are 1163 hotels and other accommodations in Itajai
- The closest major airport is in Navegantes (NVT-Ministro Victor Konder Intl.), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Joinville (JOI-Cubatao), 48 mi (77.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Itajai
Cultural venues in the city include Oceanographic Museum UNIVALI, Adelaide Konder Theater, and Itajai Municipal Theater. Attractions like Beto Carrero World, Balneario Camboriu Cable Car, and Unipraias Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Almirante Tamandare Square, Mirante do Encanto Lookout, and Cristo Luz Monument.
In Itajai, there are 1163 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Santa Inn Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Barra Sul features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and WiFi.
- Pousada Casarão Schmidt - This 3-star pousada features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Pousada Paraíso Tropical - This 2.5-star pousada in Praia da Armação do Itapocorói features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Itajai include Laranjeiras Beach, Bombinhas Beach, and Vila Germanica Convention Center and Park.
Dressing for Itajai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- Average annual rainfall for Itajai is 1.73 inches
- Usually October and September are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 54°F