Visiting Jaipur District
History buffs will enjoy exploring Jaipur District, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens, local tours, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, monuments, and museums. Top sights in the city include Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, and Amber Fort.
- There are 897 hotels and other accommodations in Jaipur District
- The closest major airport is in Jaipur (JAI-Sanganer), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jaipur District
The city's cultural venues include Central Museum and Museum of Indology. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, and Nahargarh Fort. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Jal Mahal and Samode Bagh Garden.
In Jaipur District, you'll find 897 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Oberoi Rajvilas - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Samode Haveli - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Pink City can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Rambagh Palace - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Rambagh can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Jaipur District include M.I. Road, Sawai Mansingh Stadium, and City Palace.
Getting Around Jaipur District
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Jaipur District is easy. Make your way to Sindhi Camp Metro Station to catch metro. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Jaipur Railway Station.
Dressing for Jaipur District
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 105°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 99°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 95°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- About 23.98 inches of rain falls on Jaipur District each year
- Usually June and May are the hottest months with an average of 103°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 50°F