Visitors to Kaeo are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 153 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kaitaia (KAT), 26.7 mi (43 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kaeo
Places to visit in the larger region include Manginangina Kauri Walk, Puketi and Omahuta Native Forests, and Taupo Bay. You'll also find Matauri Bay Beach and Rainbow Warrior Memorial in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Kaeo, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 153 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Copthorne Hotel and Resort Bay of Islands is located 21.7 mi (34.8 km) from the heart of Kaeo. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Waitangi can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia is 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from the center of Kaeo. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Paihia can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands is 23.1 mi (37.1 km) from central Kaeo. This 4-star hotel in Paihia features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Dressing for Kaeo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Kaeo gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F