History buffs enjoy visiting Kalmar though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafés, and football games.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Kalmar
- The closest major airport is in Kalmar (KLR), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalmar
Cultural venues in the city include Kalmar County Museum, Kalmar Theater, and Kalmar Maritime Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kalmar Cathedral and Baronen.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Kalmar. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clarion Collection Hotel Packhuset - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotell Hilda - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with cable TV.
- Slottshotellet Budget Accommodation - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Kalmar
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kalmar Central Station or Smedby Station. Kalmar might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kalmar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Kalmar gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F