Find Hotels in Kangaroo Island
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 21, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Kangaroo Island
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kangaroo Island, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the local tours and seaside. A top sight in the city is Flinders Chase National Park.
- There are 147 hotels and other accommodations in Kangaroo Island
- The closest major airport is in Kangaroo Island, SA (KGC-Kingscote), 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kangaroo Island
Cultural venues in the city include Penguin Interpretive Centre, Parndana Soldier Settlement Museum, and Hope Cottage Museum. Attractions like Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park, Kingscote Tidal Pool, and Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like The Oyster Farm Shop, Cape du Couedic Lighthouse, and Cape Borda Lightstation.
In Kangaroo Island, you'll find 147 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sea Dragon Lodge - With a stay at this 4.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- The Fig Tree B & B - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Kangaroo Island Seaview Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and conference space, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Kangaroo Island include Flinders Chase National Park.
Dressing for Kangaroo Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- About 21.02 inches of rain falls on Kangaroo Island each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F