Visitors to Karang are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Banjul (BJL-Banjul Intl.), 24.5 mi (39.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Karang
Places to visit in the larger region include Niumi National Park, Fort Bullen, and State House. You'll also find Gambia National Museum and Arch 22 in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway in Karang, you may not find the perfect accommodations in the city center, but below are lodging choices nearby.
- Fathala Wildlife Reserve is 1.9 mi (3 km) from the center of Karang. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star tentalow in Karang can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- Keur Saloum is 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from central Karang. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Toubakouta can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Les Paletuviers is located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the heart of Karang. This 3.5-star hotel in Toubakouta features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Karang
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- Average annual rainfall for Karang is 0.39 inches
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F