Visitors can enjoy all that Kargil has to offer including its parks. In Kargil, there are 15 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kargil
Favorite places to visit in the city include Karsha Gompa, Lalung Pass, and Regional Ice Hockey Arena. Additionally, you might want to add Hussaini Park to your agenda.
As you book your getaway to Kargil, you may not find the ideal accommodation in the heart of the city, but below are lodging choices in the area.
- Rangyul Resort is 56 mi (90.1 km) from central Kargil. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Kargil can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Chhutuk Heights is located 55 mi (88.5 km) from the heart of Kargil. This 3-star hotel in Kargil features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Baru La is 57.2 mi (92 km) from the center of Kargil. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kargil can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Kargil
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Kargil gets about 26.38 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 29°F