Visitors can enjoy all that Karwar has to offer including the mountain views, riverfront, and museums. In Karwar, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Goa (GOI-Dabolim), 46.5 mi (74.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Karwar
The city's natural beauty is on display at Kaju Bagh Beach, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, and Ravindranath Tagore Beach. Additionally, you'll find Galgibaga Beach and Rajbag Beach in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Karwar, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 98 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Amrut Aura is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from central Karwar. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Karwar can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sterling Karwar is 10.6 mi (17 km) from the center of Karwar. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Karwar can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Citrus Karwar is located 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the heart of Karwar. This 3.5-star hotel in Karwar features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free valet parking.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Palolem Beach, 20.3 mi/32.6 km from the city center.
Dressing for Karwar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 98°F during the day and 62°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 100°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- Average annual rainfall for Karwar is 25.71 inches
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 98°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 63°F