Visitors to Kaunas are sure to enjoy the sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and churches. Top sights in the city include Vytautas the Great War Museum, Kaunas Castle, and Ninth Fort.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Kaunas
- The closest major airport is in Kaunas (KUN-Kaunas Intl.), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kaunas
Cultural venues in the city include Vytautas the Great War Museum, Kaunas State Drama Theatre, and Tadas Ivanauskas Zoological Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Kaunas Castle, Ninth Fort, and M. K. Ciurlionis Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Zalgiris Stadium and Aleksoto Funicular.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kaunas. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kaunas City - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a café. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Algiro Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- HOF Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
Dressing for Kaunas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Kaunas gets about 32.48 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 21°F