Visitors to Kittila are sure to enjoy the ski areas, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights in the city include Levi Ski Resort and Yllas Ski Resort.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Kittila
- The closest major airport is in Kittila (KTT), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pajala (PJA), 54.5 mi (87.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kittila
Cultural venues in the city include Kiela Naturium, Art museum Einari Junttila, and Kittila's Museum of Local History and Culture. The city's natural beauty is on display at Pallas-Yllastunturi National Park, Lemmenjoki National Park, and Jerisjärvi. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Levi Ski Resort, Kesankijarvi, and Yllas Ski Resort are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kittila. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Levi Panorama - This 3.5-star hotel features ski slopes, 4 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Lapland Hotel Saaga - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, ski slopes, and 3 restaurants.
- Break Sokos Hotel Levi - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Kittila
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 24°F during the day and -8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 55°F, while the average at night is 11°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 57°F with nighttime averages of 28°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°F and nighttime averages of -8°F
- About 25.44 inches of rain falls on Kittila each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 53°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -6°F