Visitors can enjoy all that Konitsa has to offer including the mountain views and monuments. In Konitsa, there are 6 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Ioannina (IOA-Ioannina National), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kastoria (KSO-Aristoteles), 32 mi (51.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Konitsa
The city is notable for landmarks like Konitsa Bridge, Molivdoskepasti Monastery, and Kleidonia Bridge. The city's natural beauty is on display at Smolikas Mountain, Mount Smolikas, and Aoos Gorge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kavasila Sulfur Baths and Dragon Lake.
As you start planning for your getaway to Konitsa, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can select from 56 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel Rodovoli is 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from central Konitsa. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Konitsa can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Lotos Mountain Resort is 8 mi (12.9 km) from the center of Konitsa. This 3.5-star guesthouse in Konitsa features a winery, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its breakfast.
- Artemis is located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of Konitsa. This 3-star hotel in Konitsa features free WiFi, free parking, and a rooftop terrace.
Dressing for Konitsa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Konitsa gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F