History buffs enjoy visiting Kosice though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums, and monuments.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Kosice
- The closest major airport is in Kosice (KSC-Barca), 3.6 mi (5.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Poprad (TAT-Poprad - Tatry), 51.6 mi (83.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kosice
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Crafts Lane and St. Elisabeth Cathedral. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Miklus Prison Museum and Peace Marathon Square.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Kosice. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- City Residence Apartment Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star aparthotel in Košice Old Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its overall value and spacious, clean rooms.
- Boutique Hotel Bristol - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Košice Old Town features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Yasmin - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Košice Old Town can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Getting Around Kosice
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Kosice Station. Kosice might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kosice
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kosice is 26.18 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F