Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kuantan, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seafood restaurants, riverfront, and water parks. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its zoo. Top sights in the city include Gambang Water Park, Cherating Beach, and Taman Negara National Park.
- There are 205 hotels and other accommodations in Kuantan
- The closest major airport is in Kuantan (KUA-Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kerteh (KTE), 50.7 mi (81.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuantan
The city's cultural venues include Heroes Museum and Sungai Lembing Museum. Families come for the water parks and zoo, specifically attractions such as Gambang Water Park, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary, and Taman Teruntum Mini Zoo. The city is notable for landmarks like Sultan Ahmad Mosque, Wan Fo Tien Temple, and Kuan Ti Kong Chinese Temple.
In Kuantan, you'll be able to select from 205 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mangala Resort & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Kasturi - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Royale Chulan Cherating Villa - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Kuantan include Cherating Beach, Taman Negara National Park, and Endau-Rompin National Park.
Dressing for Kuantan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- Kuantan gets about 2.36 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 74°F