Visiting Laguna Yaxjá
Visitors can enjoy all that Laguna Yaxjá has to offer including its parks. There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in San Ignacio (CYD-Town Airstrip), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Laguna Yaxjá
A favorite place to visit in the city is Maya Biosphere Reserve. Additionally, you'll find Yaxha Archaeological Site and Topoxte Archaeological Site in the area.
As you plan your trip to Laguna Yaxjá, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 5 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Jungle Lodge Hotel is located 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the heart of Laguna Yaxjá. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Tikal National Park can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with in-room plasma TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Hostal Jungle Lodge Tikal is 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from central Laguna Yaxjá. This 3-star hostal in Tikal National Park features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hotel Tikal Inn is 18.6 mi (30 km) from the center of Laguna Yaxjá. This 3-star lodge in Tikal National Park features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Laguna Yaxjá
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 70.67 inches of rain falls on Laguna Yaxjá each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 68°F