History buffs will enjoy exploring Leon, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cafés, and shopping.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Leon
- The closest major airport is in Leon (LEN), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leon
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Leon Museum, Egyptian Museum, and Museo Catedralicio Diocesano. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Casa de Los Botines, Palacio de los Guzmanes, and Palacio del Conde Luna. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Plaza de San Martin and El Cortes Ingles.
In Leon, you'll find 63 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hospedería Monástica Pax - This 3-star hotel in Old Town features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable beds.
- Purple Dog Suites - Our customers love the WiFi and local sightseeing at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Leon City Centre can enjoy access to parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen.
- NH Collection León Plaza Mayor - This 4-star hotel in Leon City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Leon
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from León Station. Leon might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Leon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.43 inches of rain falls on Leon each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F