Find Hotels in Longyearbyen
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Longyearbyen are sure to enjoy the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and safari tours.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Longyearbyen
- The closest major airport is in Longyearbyen (LYR-Svalbard), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Longyearbyen
Favorite places to visit in the city include Svalbard Museum, Svalbard Church, and University Centre in Svalbard. Additionally, you might want to add Spitsbergen to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Longyearbyen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Svalbard Hotell | Polfareren - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room spring bath. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Svalbard Hotell | The Vault - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Funken Lodge - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Longyearbyen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°F and the nighttime average to be -1°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 46°F during the day and 2°F at night
- July through September averages 49°F during the day and 24°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 29°F during the day and -1°F at night
- About 0.55 inches of rain falls on Longyearbyen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 45°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of -1°F