Visitors can enjoy all that Lorient has to offer including the waterfront, festivals, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music, and bars.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Lorient
- The closest major airport is in Lorient (LRT-Lorient - South Brittany), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lorient
Favorite places to visit in the city include Theatre de la Chimere, Stade du Moustoir, and Cite de la Voile Eric Tabarly. You'll also find Parc des Expositions Lorient and Musee de la Compagnie des Indes in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lorient. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Lorient Centre Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Citotel Leopol - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free WiFi and free parking.
- INTER-HOTEL Lorient Cléria - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Lorient
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lorient Station. Lorient might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lorient
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Lorient each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 40°F