Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lourdes, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and temples. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its monuments and mountain views. Top sights in the city include Rosary Basilica and Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception.
- You'll find 166 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lourdes - Tarbes
- The closest major airport is in Lourdes (LDE-Tarbes - Lourdes - Pyrenees Intl.), 6.9 mi (11 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pau (PUF-Pau - Pyrenees), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lourdes
Its cathedral and monuments are notable and landmarks include Rosary Basilica, Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception, and Eglise Paroissiale du Sacré Coeur. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Pic du Jer. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lourdes Covered Market and Château Fort de Lourdes.
In Lourdes, you'll find 139 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Grand Hotel Moderne - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus Hotel Le Rive Droite & SPA - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Chapelle et Parc - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Lourdes
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lourdes Station. Lourdes might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lourdes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Lourdes gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F