Visiting Luneburg Heath
Visitors to Luneburg Heath are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the city include Heide-Park and Serengeti Park.
- There are 368 hotels and other accommodations in Luneburg Heath
- The closest major airport is in Hannover (HAJ), 38 mi (61.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamburg (HAM), 46.8 mi (75.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Luneburg Heath
Cultural venues in the city include Hosseringen Museum, Holdenstedt Castle Museum, and Oldau Technical Museum. Attractions like Heide-Park, Serengeti Park, and Weltvogelpark Walsrode are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Jod Sole Spa, Bergen-Belsen Memorial, and Hundertwasser-Bahnhof.
In Luneburg Heath, you'll find 368 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ringhotel Celler Tor - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Celle District can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Meinsbur Boutique Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Harburg District can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel GUT Bardenhagen - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Luneburg Heath
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Munster (Örtze) Station, Brockhöfe Station, or Soltau (Han) Nord Station. Luneburg Heath might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Luneburg Heath
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Luneburg Heath each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 27°F