Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Lyttelton has to offer including the waterfront, parks, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights around the area include Lyttelton Harbour, New Brighton Beach, and Canterbury Museum.
- You'll find 366 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Christchurch
- The closest major airport is in Christchurch (CHC-Christchurch Intl.), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lyttelton
Notable city landmarks like Timeball Station and Ripapa Island might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Mount Cavendish and Quail Island exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Lyttelton Harbour to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Lyttelton, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 308 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Lyttelton Boutique House is located 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the heart of Lyttelton. This 3-star hotel in Christchurch features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- BreakFree on Cashel is 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the center of Lyttelton. This 4.5-star hotel in Christchurch features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its quiet location and quiet rooms.
- Sudima Christchurch Airport is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from central Lyttelton. This 4.5-star hotel in Christchurch features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall condition and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include New Brighton Beach, located 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center, and Canterbury Museum, which is 7.2 mi (11.7 km) away.
Dressing for Lyttelton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Lyttelton is 1.42 inches
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F