Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Manzanillo, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. Top sights in the city include Playa La Audiencia and Playa Miramar.
- There are 127 hotels and other accommodations in Manzanillo
- The closest major airport is in Manzanillo, Colima (ZLO-Playa de Oro Intl.), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Colima, Colima (CLQ-Licenciado Miguel de la Madrid), 50.8 mi (81.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manzanillo
The city is notable for landmarks like Zocalo, Swordfish Monument, and Cuyutlan Boardwalk. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Playa La Audiencia, Playa Miramar, and Oro Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Playa San Pedrito and Las Hadas Golf Course.
In Manzanillo, you'll be able to select from 127 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Villas Los Angeles - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Mar Celeste - All Inclusive on the Beach - This 3.5-star property features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Barra de Navidad Beach, 26.4 mi/42.5 km from the heart of the city, and Melaque Square, which is 28 mi (45.1 km) away.
Dressing for Manzanillo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Manzanillo gets about 1.61 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 50°F