Visitors can enjoy all that Mardin has to offer including the monuments, churches, and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, art, and museums.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Mardin
- The closest major airport is in Mardin (MQM), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mardin
The city's cultural venues include Sabanci City Museum and Mardin Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Melik Mahmut Mosque, Sehidiye Mosque, and Ulu Cami. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Mardin Evolution Institute is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Mardin. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kaya Ninova Hotel - This hotel in Artuklu features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Erdoba Evleri - Special Class - This hotel in Artuklu features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Mardin - This 4-star hotel in Artuklu features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Getting Around Mardin
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Mardin Station. Mardin may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Mardin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.51 inches of rain falls on Mardin each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F