Visitors can enjoy all that Marica has to offer including the mountain views, monuments, and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Icarai Beach, Pico Fort, and Niterói Contemporary Art Museum.
- You'll find 1695 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rio de Janeiro
- The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 22.3 mi (35.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 28.4 mi (45.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marica
The city's natural beauty is on display at Ponta Negra Beach, Barra de Marica Beach, and Jacone Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ponta Negra Lighthouse and Jacone Beach.
As you start planning for your getaway to Marica, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 1238 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Pousada do Pancho is located in central Marica. This 2.5-star pousada in Marica features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour front desk.
- Casa & Mar Colonial is 8.7 mi (14 km) from the center of Marica. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star pousada in Marica can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Casa e Mar is located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the heart of Marica. This 3-star hotel in Marica features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Popular places to see in the area include Sugar Loaf Mountain, 21.9 mi/35.2 km from the heart of the city, and Christ the Redeemer, which is 25.3 mi (40.7 km) away.
Dressing for Marica
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 70°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Marica is 42.76 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while June and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F