Visitors can enjoy all that Mage has to offer including its mountain views. Icarai Beach, Niterói Contemporary Art Museum, and National Library are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 1270 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mage
A couple of favorite places to visit are Dedo de Deus Peak and Guanabara Bay. In the area, you'll also find Icarai Beach and Niterói Contemporary Art Museum.
As you plan for your vacation to Mage, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 1270 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Miramar Hotel by Windsor is 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from central Mage. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Atlantico Business Centro is 19.9 mi (32 km) from the center of Mage. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Windsor Excelsior Hotel is located 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from the heart of Mage. This 4-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Sugar Loaf Mountain, 21.9 mi/35.2 km from the heart of the city, and Christ the Redeemer, which is 23.4 mi/37.7 km away.
Dressing for Mage
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 71°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mage is 1.93 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 63°F