Visiting Sao Goncalo
Visitors can enjoy all that Sao Goncalo has to offer including its museums. Sugar Loaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer, and Icarai Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1674 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rio de Janeiro
- The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sao Goncalo
A favorite place to visit in the city is Guanabara Bay. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sugar Loaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer.
As you plan your vacation to Sao Goncalo, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 30 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Miramar Hotel by Windsor is 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the center of Sao Goncalo. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Atlantico Business Centro is located 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the heart of Sao Goncalo. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Windsor Excelsior Hotel is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from central Sao Goncalo. This 4-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Icarai Beach, 9.3 mi/15 km from the heart of the city, and Niterói Contemporary Art Museum, which is 10 mi (16.1 km) away.
Dressing for Sao Goncalo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sao Goncalo is 42.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 63°F