Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Matayalevu, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and quaint setting.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Nadi (NAN-Nadi Intl.), 53.4 mi (85.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Matayalevu
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Yasawa Islands. Additionally, you'll find Long Beach and Devil's Beach in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Navutu Stars Resort - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach, and free breakfast. Expedia travelers love its clean and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Matayalevu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 66°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- Matayalevu gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 66°F