Visitors can enjoy all that Matheson has to offer including the golf courses and museums. There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in larger region. The closest major airport is in Timmins, ON (YTS), 55.2 mi (88.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Matheson
A couple of favorite places to visit are Black River Golf and Country and Thelma Miles Historical Museum. Additionally, you'll find Esker Lakes Provincial Park in the area.
As you start planning your getaway to Matheson, it might be difficult to find accommodations in the heart of the city, but there are 6 hotels and other lodging options in the region. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Kirkland Lake is 25.5 mi (41.1 km) from the center of Matheson. This 2-star motel in Kirkland Lake features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kirkland Lake is located 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the heart of Matheson. This 3-star hotel in Kirkland Lake features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- Comfort Inn Kirkland Lake is 25.8 mi (41.4 km) from central Matheson. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Kirkland Lake can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Matheson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -10°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 15°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 52°F as the daytime average and -7°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Matheson each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°F