Families will find kid-friendly activities in Milford, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its beaches, sporting events, and university setting. Top sights around the area include Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Milford
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Walnut Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Connecticut Post Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port Milford and Silver Sands State Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Milford. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Milford - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place Milford / New Haven - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Springhill Suites Milford - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Yale Bowl, located 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center, and East Rock Park, which is 11.3 mi/18.3 km away.
Dressing for Milford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 42.80 inches of rain falls on Milford each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F