Visitors to Bridgeport are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, live music, and baseball games. Yale Bowl, East Rock Park, and Port Jefferson are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 164 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 16.9 mi (27.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bridgeport
Cultural venues in the city include Discovery Museum, Housatonic Museum of Art, and Barnum Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Webster Bank Arena and Seaside Park.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
Top places to visit in the area include Yale Bowl, located 15 mi (24.1 km) from the city center, and East Rock Park, which is 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away.
Getting Around Bridgeport
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Bridgeport Station. Bridgeport might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bridgeport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Bridgeport gets about 42.80 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F