Families will find kid-friendly activities in Stratford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its beaches. Top sights around the area include Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stratford
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Short Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are National Helicopter Museum and Perry House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Stratford. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and first-rate property condition.
- Quality Suites - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Rodeway Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Top places to visit outside the city include Yale Bowl, located 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city center, and East Rock Park, which is 15.3 mi/24.6 km away.
Dressing for Stratford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Stratford gets about 42.80 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F