Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shelton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting. Top sights around the area include Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 12.1 mi (19.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelton
Favorite places to visit in the city include Indian Well State Park, SportsCenter of Connecticut, and Roosevelt Forest. In the area, you'll also find Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Shelton. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- HYATT house Shelton - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Shelton-Fairfield County - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Shelton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 42.80 inches of rain falls on Shelton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F