Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Munnar, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples.
- There are 153 hotels and other accommodations in Munnar
- The closest major airport is in Cochin (COK-Cochin Intl.), 46.8 mi (75.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Munnar
Notable city landmarks like Munnar Juma Masjid and Tata Tea Museum might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the forests and these places to visit: Rose Garden, Attukad Waterfall, and Eravikulam National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Thomas Marthoma and Carmelagiri Elephant Park.
In Munnar, you'll find 153 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kaivalayam Retreat - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Spice Tree Munnar - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private spa tub.
- Fragrant Nature Munnar - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Munnar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 98°F and the nighttime average to be 65°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 98°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 66°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Munnar is 0.91 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 66°F