Visiting Nakhon Pathom
Visitors can enjoy all that Nakhon Pathom has to offer including the university setting, temples, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, shopping, and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Nakhon Pathom
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.), 39.6 mi (63.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.), 49.7 mi (80.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nakhon Pathom
University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Nakhon Pathom Rajabhat University and Silpakorn University. Additionally, you might want to add Phra Pathom Chedi to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Nakhon Pathom. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Trendy Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Mida Grande Hotel Dhavaravati, Nakhon Pathom - Our customers like the bar and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Xen Hotel Nakhon Pathom - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo, located 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city center.
Getting Around Nakhon Pathom
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Nakhon Pathom Phrong Madua Station or Nakhon Pathom Station. Nakhon Pathom might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Nakhon Pathom
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 94°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nakhon Pathom is 54.61 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 69°F