Visiting Nelson Bay
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Nelson Bay, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its spas and golf courses.
- You'll find 731 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 18 mi (29 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Nelson Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Gan Gan Hill Lookout, Dutchies Beach, and Toboggan Hill Park. Exploring the waterfront, golfing, and whale watching are top activities, while sights to visit include Nelson Bay Golf Club and d'Albora Marinas Nelson Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tomaree National Park and Fly Point Marine Reserve.
In Nelson Bay, there are 319 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bali at the Bay - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Nelson Bay Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Halifax Holiday Park - With a stay at this 4-star campground, guests can enjoy access to a café and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Nelson Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Nelson Bay is 1.30 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 47°F