Visiting Shoal Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shoal Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its spas and bars.
- You'll find 731 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Shoal Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mount Tomaree. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tomaree National Park and Myall Lakes National Park.
In Shoal Bay, you'll be able to select from 134 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Shoal Bay Holiday Park - This 4-star campground features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ramada Resort by Wyndham Shoal Bay - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with digital TV.
Dressing for Shoal Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Shoal Bay gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F