Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Noumea, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its aquarium.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Noumea
- The closest major airport is in Noumea (GEA-Magenta Domestic), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Noumea (NOU-Tontouta Intl.), 23 mi (37 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Noumea
Favorite family attractions include Noumea Zoo and Botanical Gardens and Aquarium des Lagons. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Anse Vata Beach, Kuendu Beach, and Ilot Maitre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Place des Cocotiers and Noumea Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Noumea. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort and Spa - Amenities at this hotel include a full-service spa and an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and bathrooms.
- Hotel Le Lagon Noumea - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include a full-service spa and a restaurant.
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences - Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Dressing for Noumea
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 69°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 59°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- Average annual rainfall for Noumea is 1.22 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 58°F