Visiting Old Bagan
Visitors to Old Bagan are sure to enjoy the riverfront, temples, and restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and bars.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Old Bagan
- The closest major airport is in Nyaung-U (NYU), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Old Bagan
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks such as Thatbyinnyu Temple. Additionally, you might want to add Bagan Archaeological Museum to your agenda.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Bagan Thande Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Old Bagan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 59°F
- About 1.69 inches of rain falls on Old Bagan each year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 60°F