Visitors can enjoy all that Pekanbaru has to offer including the water parks, Chinatown, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, monuments, and parks.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodations in Pekanbaru
- The closest major airport is in Pekanbaru (PKU-Sultan Syarif Qasim II Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pekanbaru
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Riau University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Great Mosque of An-Nur and Pekan Baru Mall.
In Pekanbaru, you'll find 80 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Novotel Pekanbaru - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Red Planet Pekanbaru - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Zuri Pekanbaru - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Pekanbaru
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- About 2.64 inches of rain falls on Pekanbaru each year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F