Visitors can enjoy all that Penfield has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and parks. A top sight in the area is Genesee River's High Falls.
- You'll find 131 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rochester
- The closest major airport is in Rochester, NY (ROC-Greater Rochester Intl.), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Penfield
The city's natural beauty is on display at Veterans Memorial Park, Harris Whalen Park, and Rothfuss Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wickham Farms and Sherwood Fields Park.
As you start planning your visit to Penfield, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 50 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- RIT Inn & Conference Center is 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from central Penfield. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Henrietta can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY is located 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the heart of Penfield. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Rochester can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the center of Penfield. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Henrietta can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Genesee River's High Falls, located 8.4 mi (13.6 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Penfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 34.33 inches of rain falls on Penfield each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F