Pettingen Castle is a great place to while away a few hours.
It resides in Mersch, an area 55 miles from the state capital, Saarbruecken.
Just 1 mile away, you'll find the Hostellerie Val Fleuri, the only listed accommodation that's in the immediate vicinity of Pettingen Castle.
Before you make your way to Pettingen Castle, grab a hot coffee at Café du Château (35 Rue du Château, Pettingen). Beim Nuddelskniwweler (18 Rue d'Ettelbruck, Moesdorf) is also minutes away and is a fabulous place if you'd prefer something more filling.
Other Places to Visit near Pettingen Castle
When you've finished checking out Pettingen Castle, you might like to keep exploring. The surrounding area has a bunch more to do:
- National Museum of Military History exhibits a great array of military exhibits and displays. Even if you are a pacifist, you are sure to respect the technology displayed in its military hardware.
- Castle Beaufort might only be open to visitors by prior arrangement, so make certain you confirm a time to visit this stately defense structure.
- Bourscheid Castle is one of the most traditional landmarks in the local area, but check whether a reservation is necessary.
- Look up the upcoming events schedule to discover what is on at Luxexpo.
- Obtain interesting insights into the people and policies that shape the ordinary lives of the community at European Court of Justice.